The best way to clean the thermometer tip is by applying a medical alcohol (e.g. 70% ethyl alcohol) with a damp cloth.
1. Do not allow the device to come into contact with hot water.
2. Do not expose to high temperature or direct sunlight.
3. Do not drop the thermometer. It is neither shock-proof nor impact-resistant.
4. Do not bend or open the device (expect the battery compartment).
5. Do not clean with thinners, petrol or disinfectant, only clean with medical alcohol.
6. Do not immerse the thermometer in liquid.
7. The thermometer contains small parts (battery, battery compartment) which can be swallowed by children. For this reason, do not leave the thermometer unattended in the hands of children.
8. Avoid bending the thermometer tip by more than 45 degrees.
9. If the ambient temperature is over 32℃ or 90℉ dip the thermometer tip in cold water for approx. 10 seconds prior to measuring the temperature.
10. Persistent fever, in particular in children, has to be treated by a doctor-please get in touch with your doctor.